Blue Man Group How to Be a Megastar Live
Synopsis
How To Be A Megastar Tour 2.0. Blue Man Group s inventive new how-to-manual, which expands on the Rock Concert Manual concept from The Complex Rock Tour, will take you through the steps of a wildly clever and interactive show that offers unique all-ages appeal.
- Cast
- Crew
- Details
- Genres
Cast
Directors
Studio
Country
Language
Alternative Titles
Blue Man Group - How to be a Megastar Tour 2.1, Blue Man Group How to Be a Megastar
Genres
Popular reviews
More-
I've seen the BMG live, in one of their many incarnations, three times over the past 20 years. My initiation was back in 2000 at the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas, when I was working at the National Association of Broadcasters tradeshow. None of my cow-orkers could be pried away from the bar where they were still talking shop after a 12-hour workday, so I went solo and was completely blown away by their complex combination of multimedia, bizarre instrumentation, sense of humor, and kickass tunage. A couple of years later, Ms. BH and I saw them for our 25th anniversary, this time at the Venetian (or as we liked to call it, the Venusian) casino in Vegas, Finally, we…
-
Blue lives matter!
Edit: apparently that saying isn't about blue people but actually about police. I only wished to condone the loves of smurfs, the nav'i, sonic the hedgehog and other blue fellas like the blue man group. Sorry if I offended anyone!
-
Short Review: I had a dental appointment today. Had to get five fillings; the last set out of 11 or so. They have a TV set up on the ceiling so patients can watch stuff while they do their work. So I picked this concert. This video made it the best dental appointment ever!
Seriously, I knew of the Blue Man Group from the late 90s (I still remember they were in a commercial for Pentium 4), but never got into them. Their music is pretty awesome. Their showmanship is phenomenal. The minute I got home, I ordered this concert and the band's albums; it's all highly-creative and incredibly cool.
-
This DVD was my first significant exposure to Blue Man Group, having been unable to justify shedding the cost of a good theater seat on their live performances. Watching only the main feature, one could easily be convinced that the BMGs themselves are merely incidental to a catchy, but otherwise mediocre electronic rock band. The show consists primarily of music tracks performed by a large band with vocals, standard music video in the background, and some inventive percussive and audio effects. The BMGs provide most of the neat instruments, but there's only a handful and they start getting reused quickly. The loose story that accompanies the concert is that the BMGs find a manual on being a megastar and go…
-
I saw Stomp when it came to town a few weeks ago, and was craving more audience participation live music comedy performance.
I've seen Blue Man Group twice, once in NY and once locally, but neither live performance was as massive or as rock based as the Megastar show. While the super hyped backing band was great and high energy, I almost missed the antics of the guys a little bit. I'm a sucker for paint shooting out of men's chests and I love some toilet paper in the audience.
Those ultra-retro planetarium show looking animations slapped though. Very Pink Floyd light show looking, loved that.
I wanted to be a Blue Man when I was a preteen, but as an adult, I don't quite reach the height requirement :/ I'll always be a fan though 🙌🔵🛗
Source: https://letterboxd.com/film/blue-man-group-how-to-be-a-megastar-live/
0 Response to "Blue Man Group How to Be a Megastar Live"
Post a Comment